I recently came across an interesting relational psychology test. I found it so interesting that when I compared my notes to the “results” section I had goosebumps trailing up and down my arms. We’ve edited it up a bit for you from the original to make it easier to use. Richard and I will both post our results in the comments – so get out a notepad or a piece of paper and prepare to post your own answers to share and compare!
This is what they call a relational psychology test. The answers to these questions indicate relevance to values that you hold in your personal lives.
How to fill out the test:
- Read the first line and imagine what it says. So picture yourself walking in a forest etc.
- Click on the sentence to reveal the question
- Write down your answer, and then read the next line.
Let’s get to it!
1- Who are you walking with?
2- What kind of animal is it?
3- What does the animal do?
4- How big is it? Is it fenced in or no?
5- Describe what’s on the table.
6- What is the cup made out of? What do you do with the cup?
7- What kind of body of water is it? A lake? River? Pond?
8- How wet do you get?
Ready for some results?
Now – read through the following list and compare against the answers you wrote down. This list will explain what your answers mean as they relate to things in your life.
- The person you were walking with is the most important person in your life.
- The size of the animal you come across is a representation of the size of your problems.
- If your action was more severe, it means you tend to be more aggressive. If it was peaceful, then more passive.
- The size of your home is representative of the size of your ambition. If there was no fence around the home, it means you tend to be more open.
- If what you saw on the table wasn’t food, people, or flowers, it indicates some unhappiness.
- How durable the cup you found was is representative of how strong your relationship is with the person in the first part of the story. What you do with it is representative of your attitude toward them.
- The size of the body of water is related to the size of your sexual drive.
- If you became very wet, it indicates that sex is important to you. If not very wet, it may mean it’s less important.